sábado, 15 de noviembre de 2014

Blyss (The Blyss Trilogy #1) by J.C. Cliff


** Got and ARC and this is an honest review **


First of all I have to say I finished this book last night and had to had a very serious talk with my pillow before doing this review.

Second, I love book covers. Sometimes I buy books just because of the cover, without reading the synopsis, blurb, critiques... Just for the cover. In this case, I wouldn't have bought it for the cover. There's way to much muscles there. BUT I read the blurb and liked it. And the author was kind enough to give me a free copy to read and review.

This book blew my mind. I had never read something likethis.  I liked it, enjoyed it... and felt kinda guilty because of it. This story is dark and different and intense and sexy and hot and just Whoa!

It's a great plot and so well written that I just got pulled in pretty quick and couldn't put the book down. At some point I was in the roller coaster of emotions sitting right next to Julianna. 

In this book we get to know Julianna, daughter of a very powerful man who gets abducted from her home and taken to a hi-tec facility where is kept drugged with, among others, Blyss which happens to be a new drug, an aphrodisiac for women, that basically turns them into sex slaves.
We also meet Nick, who's obssessed with Julianna. We'll know more about him in book 2.
And *drums* we also meet Travis, Nick's right hand and Julianna's "trainer" while in the facility. I don't know if he's bipolar...or I am. He has a mood swing swith on and off so many times it's hard to keep track and I liked him, hated him and now that I'm done with the book, I miss him. He's intense, hot as hell, a bad guy that I can't completely hate.

Since I hate to read spoilers I try not no give them. I try to make my reviews spoiler free which limits what I can say about the story.

But, do I recommend this book? Hell, yes!

And just like the author says this book is for mature audiences only, you have to keep your mind open, you have to be prepared to be shocked. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm shocked in a good way or a bad way. I'm still on the emotional roller coaster.

I can't wait for book 2. So this means I was shocked in a good way, right?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario