viernes, 7 de noviembre de 2014

Giving in (Surrender #2) by Maya Banks





I decided to Maya give one more chance so I read the second book of the trilogy right after I finished the first one and I'm glad I did.
There is some repetitiveness still, which annoyed me in the previous book, but this is more manageable, almost imperceptible.

This is where Kylie and Jensen get together. They both have their issues and had a so f*ucked childhood that they're practically soulmates, they complement each other, they are great for each other. I really like this couple.

I loved the change in Kylie, change that was only possible because of Jensen. I liked that I got to see that evolution in her...it was about time!

I feel for Jensen; he's this alpha-male with his own demons but puts himself in second place so he can take care of Kylie's demons. I loved that. Loved him for that.

I liked this book so much more than Letting go but still felt like something was missing. I don't really know what that is. The Sweet serie, the McCabe trilogy and the Breathless trilogy put the standard really high of what I expect from Maya and this trilogy is still nowhere near that mark, this book went near though.

I'll be reading the final book of this trilogy in a few days.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario