miércoles, 5 de noviembre de 2014

Letting go (Surrender #1) by Maya Banks






I really don't know how to feel about this book.

One day I was going through amazon.com and found this trilogy for free. That was before this first book was published. Since the trilogy was going to be free and I'd liked very much Maya's Sweet serie I decided to click it.

Books arrived at my kindle the day they were supposed to but some weeks passed before I could get into them.

So, finally, I started reading it on October 28th.
There are so many things that don't seem like they're from the Maya I've read before. It was shocking.

I felt the writing was soooooooo repetitive, like a vinyl with a scratch on it playing the same thing over and over again. Dash got to my nerves with the it's not a sacrifice if I do it for her thing. It was pretty annoying.

I kept reading it just because I'm not a quitter.

If I get past the writing and the repetitiveness and focus just on the characters, I have to say it was an ok story with ok characters. Dash happens to be a dominant but because he spends most of the time repeating it's not a sacrifice if it's for her, this is not really well and much appreciated during the book.

Joss was somewhat annoying too in the beginning but then I started to like her. I also kept reading because of her. And I have to accept that a tear or two escaped my eyes in some of her scenes. This character was the one who saved this story, for me.

So, yeah, I was somewhat disappointed with this book.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario