miércoles, 19 de noviembre de 2014

Taking It All (Surrender Trilogy #3) by Maya Banks




Maya, Maya, Maya...what have they done to you??

I almost didn't want to write this review because I won't say anything different from what I've said for the previous two books in this trilogy. I mean, I get some stuff had to be mentioned so this books could be taken as stand alone stories (it's a trilogy but each book has its own story, there are 6 main characters in the trilogy and each book has 2 of them as protagonist and the other 4 as support roles) but repeating the same thing in the same book over and over again it's too much for me.

When I read book #2 I felt hope for this trilogy. But then I started reading this book and that hope dissapeared. It has some salvageable pages but overall it was dissapointing - maybe more than book #1. With a rape involved -lets face it, it was rape and without a disclaimer/heads up-. First Chessy keeping everything to herself and making eveyone pity her then spilling everything out, Tate messing everything and I mean E V E R Y T H I N G and then a "let's just forget everything and live happily ever after" naah this was not good enough.

Going through Maya's goodreads page I see there's a big batch of books written by her. Maybe that's the problem. I've read some of her old books and I love them! But the recent ones I just can't get them to my heart. I try, hard, believe me, but they just don't do it for me. There's something missing. Maya is missing.
The Sweet serie and the McCabe trilogy are in my favorite adult/erotica books of all times. Breathless and Surrender Trilogies? I'm not a big fan, well, not fan at all. I think she has to rest some time and stop publishing so many books in so little time.

I think I'll stick to Maya's old books and won't be looking after reading upcoming books. Sorry.

Just in case you're wondering why I read the trilogy when I didn't even like the first one: well, once I start a book I have to finish it even when I hate it. And if that book is part of a series then I have to read it too. I know, I have problems (OCD or whatever you call it).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario