martes, 2 de diciembre de 2014

Captivated by You (Crossfire #4) by Sylvia Day




I met Gideon Cross in July 2013; book 3 had hit the stores a few months back. A friend told me about the "trilogy" she was reading and I decided to read it too so we could discuss it later. We were both beginning our reading addiction, we didn't know who Sylvia Day was, we didn't know it was no longer a trilogy...
If we had known the the trilogy was a series was incomplete I'm sure we wouldn't have read it back then.

I was so pissed last year when they changed the publish date and I got even angrier when I read book 4 and 5 were already written but the publisher was holding them. I almost promised myself I wouldn't read Sylvia anymore. Almost.

When she announced Captivated by you was going to be published on Nov. 18 I didn't jump out of happiness. I waited for that date to see if it was true. I'm not a fan of her publisher if you haven't noticed.

And then Nov. 18 came, I got the book. And was disappointed. Very, very much.

Was it a good story? Mmmm yes, you can say that.
Was it worth the waiting? Absolutely not.

I gave 3 stars because if you read the 4 books, one after the other, not waiting almost two years to continue the story, yes, is a nice way to spend some time reading.
But honestly, this book isn't worth it. It's just fillers and sex and then more sex and then some more. Overall this book was just flat,repetitive, and sometimes even boring, nothing sustancial happened in this book.
As I read a few days ago (I can't remember where, I think it was GoodReads), this series just lost its momentum. I don't feel connected to this story anymore.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario