lunes, 8 de diciembre de 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne



This one is actually 3.5 stars (note to self: make image for half stars)

**ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review!**

This book is about a girl and her mother who are both always in the run, trying to stay away from Edie's abusive father. They've been moving around Canada but then everything goes from bad to worse they move to London...and Edie's mom disappears.
Edie has to go on survival mode and eventually decides she has to start searching for her mother.

The plot was nice but I just couldn't like Edie. I know this is YA and I know Edie's 15 years old but she just acts so, so, like a teenager that I wanted to smack some sense in her a lot while reading. I mean, her mother was missing, she was alone in a country she didn't know, she didn't know anybody and instead of being preoccupied for her situation she worried if she was looking good enough when Jermaine was around.


If Edie wasn't so Edie I think I'd like this book; plus I knew how this was going to end from the beginning. Way too predictable. Not sure about recommending it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario