domingo, 18 de enero de 2015

Book haul for jan 19 - jan 25

Well, organizing my reads seemed like a good idea. Last week I read what I said I was going to read and I really need that control for my reading...I'm a book addict and putting books in my TBR pile seems like an adiction too, one that I don't like. Other adiction I've recently found is ordering my TBR list, adding each book a number so I can read them in that order but actually I never do. I'm trying and this week went fine so I'll continue doing it.

Time to do another book haul =)

Books for the week are:

1. Belonging (Regent Vampire Lords #2)

by 
“I don’t trust anyone.”
Leaving her job and only home, sassy, independent Analise is determined to do whatever it takes to convince the Vampire Lord to help locate her missing friend. What was not part of the plan, however, was her most unwelcome attraction to the irresistibly desirable, arrogant and dominating playboy.
“Well, I’ll just have to remedy that now, won’t I?”With a rogue vampire still on the loose, Damian, Regent Vampire Lord of the East, has his hands full trying to keep the fallout to a minimum. The last complication he needs is for his fiery Moira, his Fated, to finally walk into his life at a time when everything is in utter chaos, putting her directly into the crosshairs of a centuries old war. But now that he has her, he’ll be damned if he’ll let her go.
He had the power to destroy her permanently.Analise is equally drawn to and infuriated by the most gorgeous man she’s ever laid eyes on. And how can she bear Damian’s touch, when the touch of anyone before him repulsed her? With the inability to let others in, she simply needs to stick to the plan, use Damian to locate her friend and return home, heart unscathed.
But even the best-laid plans can go awry.
Update Jan 22: read


2. The Tutor: A Novel
by 
Got this in the First to read program.
A bold and captivating novel about love, passion, and ambition that imagines the muse of William Shakespeare and the tumultuous year they spend together.  
The year is 1590, and Queen Elizabeth’s Spanish Armada victory has done nothing to quell her brutal persecution of the English Catholics. Katharine de L’Isle is living at Lufanwal Hall, the manor of her uncle, Sir Edward. Taught by her cherished uncle to read when a child, Katharine is now a thirty-one-year-old widow. She has resigned herself to a life of reading and keeping company with her cousins and their children. But all that changes when the family’s priest, who had been performing Catholic services in secret, is found murdered. Faced with threats of imprisonment and death, Sir Edward is forced to flee the country, leaving Katharine adrift in a household rife with turmoil.
At this time of unrest, a new schoolmaster arrives from Stratford, a man named William Shakespeare. Coarse, quick-witted, and brazenly flirtatious, Shakespeare swiftly disrupts what fragile peace there is left at Lufanwal. Katharine is at first appalled by the boldness of this new tutor, but when she learns he is a poet, and one of talent, things between them begin to shift, and soon Katharine finds herself drawn into Shakespeare’s verse, and his life, in ways that will change her forever.
Inventive and absorbing, The Tutor is a masterful work of historical fiction, casting Shakespeare in a light we’ve never seen.  
Update Jan 20: reading


3. Maybe Not (Maybe #1.5)
by 
obsessed with the Maybe Someday song.
Update Jan 24: read 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario