viernes, 16 de enero de 2015

Review: Surrendering (Regent Vampire Lords #1) by K.L. Kreig


** Got an ARC from the author and this is an honest review  **

Paranormal and fantasy are not in my top 5 of favorite genres. So I was a little insecure about this book. 
I got an ARC from the author and since the synopsis caught my attention I decided I was going to give it a try. And I'm so glad I did!

In this book you find a very sexy vampire named Devon (Dev) who happens to be a vampire lord regent...this reminded me of the tv show True Blood (great first 2 seasons, can't say the same for the others and the finale- but that's another story) and the Vampire sheriff Eric Northman played by Alexander Skarsgård ♥♥♥ And since this thought crossed my mind I pictured Alexander everytime I read Dev so I really, really enjoyed reading everything Dev did to Kate,  picturing Alexander doing it. I have to apologise to the author for this, Alexander doesn't really fit Dev's description but my hormones won't let me follow your description of Dev, sorry about that.

I haven't read vampires for a few months and was surprised with this story. It has the old saying about vamps: drink blood, have special habilities and stuff like that but also includes the author's own version of vampires: vamps are not made, they are born, vamps can walk in the sun, vamps can eat human food, vamps have their vamp-soul¿?-mate called Moira, female vamps are infertile...and so many things like this that made me like more this book. I know the author enjoyed writing this story almost as much as I enjoyed reading it ;)
It's also a long book which is really really nice because I got to spend more time with Dev.

This story has drama, love, sex, vampires, witches, dreamwalkers, suspense, surprises,  good vrs. evil vamps...a mix that can only make you enjoy it.
It also has a nice plot with great main characters and secondary characters well developed. 

My review in two words: Loved it!

P.S.: Kate origins...well played! Didn't see that one coming.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario