martes, 6 de enero de 2015

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)




One Saturday afternoon a few months ago I was zapping over and over (I was bored) and I stopped when I saw Pierce Brosnan in a wheelchair and a kid fighting with a woman that changed into a bat or something like that. Honestly, I kept watching because I had nothing else to do and I wanted to eat popcorn (and I eat popcorn just while watching a movie).
Eventually I figured out I was watching Percy Jackson...the movie seemed ok, not my type of movie but I liked the plot and I've read some nice reviews about Percy so that's how I decided I was going to read this series.

Now, first of all: what was that movie? It has little to do with the book, it's a pretty different story the one they tell in the movie than the one I read in the book. While reading I was like mmm nop, that didn't happen like that in the movie...mmm nop, they didn't say/do that in the movie...mmm nop, he doesn't do that in the movie, etc., etc, etc. And I ended up feeling bad because I gave those 2 hours to a movie full of lies and inaccuracies.

I really like the book though I felt it a little childish sometimes, but considering Percy is 12 years old in this book I guess it's supposed to be a little childish.

I've always loved greek mithology so reading this book was a really fun time. When Percy is asked about a god or something that happend to them I did the thinking at the same time, looking inside my head for the answers (I got most of them right, I'd forgot some stuff).

The one thing I really loved is the mix of reality and mithology. Like Olympus being in NY and the Underworld in LA.

This is a really good idea for a book, nicely excecuted. I hope the other books in the series are as good as this or even better.
I had so much fun reading this book. I'm looking forward to continue with the series.

Oh, and by the way, I read half this book in a 10 hour flight. It made the trip seem shorter :)

Oh, and by the way too, this is the first book I read in 2015 :)


P.D.: this review is also posted in GoodReads.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario