miércoles, 25 de marzo de 2015

:: Blog tour - review and givaway - Consolation by Corinne Michaels ::







Meet Liam and Natalie in Consolation!

Amazon US ➙ http://amzn.to/19dh9j6
Amazon UK ➙ http://amzn.to/1NMQOI1
Barnes & Noble➙ http://bit.ly/1E9Krf4
Add to Goodreads ➛ http://bit.ly/1wMUa4a











Synopsis

Liam wasn’t supposed to be my happily ever after.
He wasn’t even on my radar.
He was my husband’s best friend—forbidden.

But my husband is dead and I’m alone. I ache for him and I reach for Liam.

One night with Liam changed everything. Now I have to decide if I truly love him or if he’s just the consolation prize.

Review
**I received an ARC TRSOR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book’s blog tour promotion**

First of all, this book is part of a duet but they are related to a previous duet by Corinne, named the Belonging Duet. It's ok to read Consolation without reading Beloved and Beholden BUT I think It's more enjoyable (maybe that's not the word but I can't fine the correct one) to read Consolation as the third book of the story.

This is a very emotional book from the beginning, well, actually this story starts in Beloved/Beholden when Natalie is mentioned as Aaron's pregnant wife. And then he goes overseas and bum! (exactly like that, in an explosion) he died. So she's a widow-single-mother to Aarabelle and is just 27 years old.

This book starts a few months after Aaron's death. Baby Aara is in the picture already. And finally, there's a service for Aaron since Natalie (or Lee) didn't want to do it while still pregnant.
Natalie's having a hard time and is just trying her best to keep it together for the baby's sake.
And then Liam makes his entrance. He's Aaron's best friend and he's come to town to work so he goes to see Lee and starts helping her with the littlest things. He spends lots and lots of time with Natalie and the baby and the thought of this SEAL though guy with a little kid on his arms and a beanie on his head just makes my ovaries melt.

Eventually the line from friendship to something else starts to blur and well, this two start something. Guilt from both parts is present but they decide to give it a try. And then this girl comes in the scene and makes Natalie doubt about her history with Aaron...



So, if you like books that rip your heart, then tear it to shreds and stamp it into the ground as you drown in a sea of tears and basked in eternal sorrow, I truly recommend this book to you =)

P.S.: There's a H U G E cliffhanger here. Can't say I didn't warn you. Part 2 comes out in may.

P.S. 2: I'm not sure I like the name of the book nor the part of the blurb where it's kinda explained. I don't think Liam is a consolation prize...





Book Trailer




GIVEAWAY
$50 Amazon Gift Card

a Rafflecopter giveaway



About the author

Corinne Michaels is an emotional, witty, sarcastic, and fun loving mom of two beautiful children. She’s happily married to the man of her dreams and is a former Navy wife. After spending months away from her husband while he was deployed, reading and writing was her escape from the loneliness.


Both her maternal and paternal grandmothers were librarians, which only intensified her love of reading. After years of writing short stories, she couldn’t ignore the call to finish her debut novel, Beloved. Her alpha Navy SEALs are broken, beautiful, and will steal your heart.

Contact Corinne Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario