miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2015

:: Review :: Adored by Lexi Blake

Adored RDL Banner  

We are so excited to bring you the Release Day Launch for Lexi Blake's ADORED! ADORED is a Contemporary Erotic Romance novella in Lexi's Masters and Mercenaries Series! Check it out below and grab your copy today!!


  Adored - cover

Amazon US Kindle ** Amazon Paperback ** Amazon UK Kindle

ADORED Synopsis: 

A man who gave up on love 

Mitch Bradford is an intimidating man. In his professional life, he has a reputation for demolishing his opponents in the courtroom. At the exclusive BDSM club Sanctum, he prefers disciplining pretty submissives with no strings attached. In his line of work, there’s no time for a healthy relationship. After a few failed attempts, he knows he’s not good for any woman—especially not his best friend’s sister. 

A woman who always gets what she wants 

Laurel Daley knows what she wants, and her sights are set on Mitch. He’s smart and sexy, and it doesn’t matter that he’s a few years older and has a couple of bitter ex-wives. Watching him in action at work and at play, she knows he just needs a little polish to make some woman the perfect lover. She intends to be that woman, but first she has to show him how good it could be. 

A killer lurking in the shadows 

When an unexpected turn of events throws the two together, Mitch and Laurel are confronted with the perfect opportunity to explore their mutual desire. Night after night of being close breaks down Mitch’s defenses. The more he sees of Laurel, the more he knows he wants her. Unfortunately, someone else has their eyes on Laurel and they have murder in mind.
   Adored Teaser 2   

Review:
** Thanks to Lexi Blake and Inkslinger PR for the ARC **


To be honest, I'd never read Lexi Blake before this book. I applied to get the ARC when I saw this book was part of the 1001 dark nights series. That means that when I started reading it I had zero knowledge about the Masters and Mercenaries series...
Conclusion #1 after reading this book: I have to read this series ASAP.

Mitch is a very broken man that needs control, that's clear: his dad was nowhere to be seen while growing up, his mother was not mother at all and has 2 leeches as ex wives.
Laurel is Will sister which makes her the sister of Mitch's friend. She's this young lady, working as paralegal with Mitch, with a big heart and eyes set on Mitch. She likes him and everyone knows it, even him. She tries so hard to get his attention so hard that the line between crush and harass is really really thin. She even goes and start the training to be a sub at the club he assists, Sanctum. She's the kind of person that knows what she wants and tries her best of the best to get it and have her way.

He thinks he knows he's not good for her so he keeps his distance until the day something bad happens (can't say anything else without spoilers). So they find themselves trying something like a relationship; and this is what we have here in this book. He wanting something better for her and she wanting him.

I loved the book: the romance, the mystery, the suspense, the emotions (both good and bad) pouring from the characters. Lexi is a brilliant story teller. It's easy to get to the characters and understand why they act the way they do, it's also easy to feel what they feel at some point of the story.
The sex scenes? Absolutely amazingly written. There was no much room left for imagination in that area. Lexi did a great job describing this scenes. 
Conclusion #2: Lexi is a brilliant story teller. I have to read more of her work!

On the other hand...I felt this is a pretty soft Dom for my taste. Maybe it's because I've reading lots of books about D/s relationships lately or I don't know why but I felt this Dom was not as dominant as he could be, having gone through what he's gone through in his life. It's not something bad, it's just that I feel some parts of him can be a little bit more, like the dominance in the bed. They guy is a perfect caretaker. And he's dominant and controlling; I don't know, I just need more (not sure more of what though). 
Conclusion #3: I should read more vanilla stories so my hormones can come back to normal. I'll read this book again in a few months to see if I change my mind about this Dom opinion.

I really enjoyed this book. Today I came with beautiful big bags under my eyes because last night I stopped reading the second I hit the 100% on my kindle...and that was about 2am in the morning. 

Go, read it.

    Adored Teaser 3   




Author Photo
About Lexi Blake: 
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband and three kids. She began writing at a young age concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn’t until she started writing romance that she found success. Lexi believes in happy endings no matter how odd the couple, threesome or foursome may seem.         

Website ** Facebook ** Twitter ** Newsletter ** Pinterest ** Author Goodreads ** Novel Goodreads



z-InkSlinger Blogger

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario